Sunday, April 8, 2012

Montebuena Rioja Crianza

Name: Montebuena Rioja Crianza
Variety: Tempranillo
Region:  Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2007
Price: $6.95

Winery Review:

Dark red. Spicy red berries and cherry on the nose, with hints of cracked pepper and dried rose. Crisp and dry on the palate, with spicy redcurrant and cherry flavors, light tannins and a fresh, energetic finish. An excellent value, and surprisingly elegant for this price point. -Vintage Cellar

My review:
Smell - From the aroma of this wine, I got a lot of cherry fruit flavor. I could also smell some oakiness with a hint of pepper. 

Taste - The first thing I could taste was an abundance of spices; however, it wasn't too spicy. There were light tannins, and the flavor lasted really long in my mouth. This Spanish wine was not as earthy as other wines that I've had before. 

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment