Sunday, April 15, 2012

Opera Prima Sweet White

Name: Opera Prima Sweet White
Variety: Sweet Wine
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $5.95

Winery Review:

Flowery and sweet smelling, then round and fairly smooth in the mouth. The flavor package of tropical fruits galore is pleasant and shouldn’t offend anyone. Finishes clean and easy. A mango boat of flavor. -Vintage Cellar
My review:
Smell - When I first smelled this wine, it caught me by surprise. I have a candle in my room called "English Garden" and that's exactly what this wine smelled like: heavy, heavy florals. I tried to identify specific flavors too. I could smell some melon and a bit of coconut.

Taste - I couldn't pick out a lot of specific flavors in this wine because it was so overpowering. It was really sweet. I could taste a lot of tropical fruit. I could taste a lot of flowers. Overall, it was kind of like drinking a sour candy. I think that this wine could be really good if everything was toned down a little.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment