Sunday, April 8, 2012

Oveja Negra Syrah-Cab Rosé Reserva

Name: Oveja Negra Syrah-Cab Rosé Reserva
Variety: Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon 
Region:  Maule Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95

Winery Review:

Oveja Negra Reserva Rosé is bright cherry-red in color and has an attractive nose with aromas of
raspberries and strawberries as well as plum and a bit of green apple. Crisp and juicy on the palate with
a slight sweetness that accompanies the red fruit flavors. Pleasing natural acidity with mediumhigh
intensity, nice persistence, and a fresh finish. -Vintage Cellar

My review:
Smell - When smelling this wine, the first flavor I recognized was the green apple flavor mentioned in the review. I also could smell a raspberry flavor. The two flavors were interesting together in the same bouquet.  

Taste - I could actually taste heavy raspberries in this wine.I got some light tannins that were well blended into the wine. The wine was a little bitter overall, but it was actually quite delightful.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment