Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chateau Mas Neuf Rhone Paradox

Name: Chateau Mas Neuf Rhone Paradox
Variety: Red Blend
Region: Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2009
Price: $11.95


Winery Review:

Intense garnet colour. The nose reveals red fruits (raspberry, redcurrants) combined with subtle hints of eucalyptus and bouquet garni. Aromas of very ripe fruit, leather and bouquet garni. The palate is sensual and is distinguished by a good balance of freshness. The aromas of very ripeness of the grapes resulting. With its subtle tannins the wine can be tasted now or could be laid down in the cellar for 2 to 5 years.
-Vintage Cellar


My review:
Smell - This wine smelled like a standard red wine with lots of raspberries on the nose. It also had a hint of leather to its smell. 

Taste - Upon first taste, this wine was immediately spicy. It was legitimately hot in my mouth, which wasn't a pleasant feeling. The wine had a large pepper taste that added to the heat in my mouth. After letting the initial huge flavor settle and slurping the wine, I could taste some tannins. Overall, this wine was not good in my opinion. It was too hot and spicy. This was the first time I ever used the spit cup. Definitely not a favorite.


I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment