Sunday, February 26, 2012

Glop Priorat

Name: Glop Priorat
Variety: Red Blend
Region: Priorat
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $20.95


Winery Review:

Glop is a customer favorite in our retail store and it has a memorable name which means 'sip' and 'gulp' in Catalan. Glop is an inky red wine from Priorat with deep plum and blackberry flavors perfect for pairing with grilled chorizo or liberico pork.
-Vintage Cellar


My review:
Smell - This wine was full on the nose. Its smell was full of lots of fruits like plum and blackberry. The smell was quite sweet for a red wine.


Taste - The front end of this wine was really sour. After the sourness faded away, I tasted tannins and lots of spices. I got a hint of plum in the flavor, but couldn't taste blackberry from the smell. I wasn't a fan of this wine either. There were too many tannins and spices for me and not enough fruit.


I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment