Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chateau Mas Neuf Rhone Blanc

Name: Chateau Mas Neuf Rhone Blanc
Variety: White Rhone Blend
Region: Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $11.95


Winery Review:

Brillant yellow colour. The up-front nose uninhibitedly reveals fresh fruit aromas (yellow peaches) that combine with hints of white flowers. The palate develops fully with a fresh, tonic finish.
-Vintage Cellar


My review:
Smell -The Rhone Blanc smelled incredibly floral. I also could smell a lot of peach and other fruity flavors.

Taste - I didn't know a wine could taste like flowers, but this wine tasted like a flower I had just picked from the garden. It was so floral! There was a lot of acidity to this wine. The finish of the wine was a little weird for me. I couldn't describe it until I read the description: tonic. The finish was really tonic. Overall, this wine would have been great, except the finish was too weird and rough for me. 


I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment