Sunday, February 26, 2012

Novelty Hill Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Novelty Hill Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Columbia Valley, Washington
Country: United States
Year: 2008
Price: $28.95


Winery Review:

Bright and expressive offering a velvety mouthful of raspberry, cherry, blackberry, and sage flavors finishing with a hint of smoke. Shows depth and persistence.
-Vintage Cellar


My review:
Smell -This wine was really aromatic. It smelled of raspberries. It was also quite smokey.

Taste - This wine was really smooth. I could tell it was a more expensive wine because of how it felt in my mouth. The flavors were also well blended together. I could taste tannins and spices. It also tasted a little smokey like the smell. However, I could not taste any fruit flavors in this wine either. This wine had such a long finish. I think I waited nearly 5 minutes before I decided that eating a piece of bread was the only way to clear my palate. I wasn't a huge fan of the flavor of this wine, but I could tell it was well crafted.


I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment