Sunday, February 26, 2012

Zenta Malbec

Name: Zenta Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95


Winery Review:

This Malbec presents a nice, deep red color. The nose offers intense and ripe aromas of red fruits, such as dark cherries, plums, and raspberries. On the palate it is fresh and fruity with soft tannins and a nice finish. Pleasant to drink.
-Vintage Cellar


My review:
Smell - The smell of this wine is a bit harder to describe because it was really light on the nose, but had a very full smell. It smelled of fruits such as cherries and plums.

Taste - This was really hard to taste. I could not get any fruit flavors to come through on the palate. I got some tannins and oak. I wasn't a huge fan of this wine, as I'm finding with most red wines. It was too tannic and try for my taste. When tasting this wine, if I didn't slurp in air it was really hot going down. But when you allow some air in it opens the wine up and is not as hot.

I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment