Sunday, February 26, 2012

Old Coach Road Chardonnay

Name:Old Coach Road Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: South Island
Country:New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: $14.95


Winery Review:

This is a delightfully satisfying wine full of ripe chardonnay fruit characters intertwined with smooth, supple, spicy oak. The palate is full and textured, with a clear definition and long lasting flavours.
-Vintage Cellar


My review:
Smell -This wine was very aromatic. It smelled of apples and fresh cut wood.


Taste -I could really taste the oak in this wine. Other powerful flavors were pepper and other spices. I didn't get any fruit flavors. However, this wine was really smooth in your mouth and as it is swallowed. It had a long finish with a really oaky aftertaste. This was the first wine that I actually enjoyed drinking at a wine tasting.


I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment