Saturday, March 31, 2012

Faraway Farms Shiraz

Name: Faraway Farms Shiraz
Variety: Shiraz
Region: Bosmans Crossing Western Cape 
Country: South Africa
Year: 2008
Price: $6.95

Winery Review:

Fresh, modern style, with lots of plum pudding, sweet chocolate, mocha, blackberry and boysenberry flavors supported by round, sweet tannins and toast.
-Vintage Cellar

My review:
Smell -This wine actually smelled dark. I even got the bitter chocolate flavor mentioned in the description. The wine smelled like toasty wood too. 

Taste -This wine was tannic upon first taste. Then I noticed that it was full-bodied. I didn't get any fruit flavor in the taste. However, it was really smokey and toasty. The aftertaste had a rubber-y flavor. I didn't really like this wine. It was full of too many "weird" flavors for me.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment