Friday, March 23, 2012

Peter Mertes Liebfraumilch Rheinhessen Qualitatswein

Name: Peter Mertes Liebfraumilch Rheinhessen Qualitatswein
Variety: Liebfraumilch
Region: Rheinhessen 
Country: Germany 
Year: 2009
Price: $5.95

Winery Review:

Liebfraumilch is a soft, delicate wine of the Rheinhessen and Palatinate districts. The orginial wine was named after the Liebfraumilch monastery in Worms, where the monks were the first wine growers and produced an unusally pleasing wine. Wines of Rheinhessen and Palatinate are noted for their aroma, well-balanced harmony, and fragrance. Liebfraumilch, as all excellent white wines is best served chilled. We suggest serving with cold entrees, as well as poultry, such as chicken or turkey, or even with a mild Cheddar, mellow and slightly nutty with a medium consistency.
-Vintage Cellar

My review:
Smell - Immediately with this wine I could smell the residual sugar. I could also smell the nutty flavor described in the review.

Taste - This was wasn't overly sweet, but it was differently a sweet wine. However, mixed in with the sweetness I got a little tartness. I got a lot of fruity flavors in the wine, almost like tropical fruit flavors. I thought that I would like this wine because it was sweeter, but it wasn't a favorite. I think it was the nutty/tart flavor.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment