Friday, March 23, 2012

San Elias Camenere

Name: San Elias Camenere
Variety: Carmenere
Region: Central Valley
Country: Chile 
Year: 2010
Price: $5.95

Winery Review:

The grapes for this Carmenere are selected from vineyards in the Central Valley. Beautiful red fruit aromas. Supple and round in the mouth, the wine pairs well with full flavored cheeses and lamb.
-Vintage Cellar

My review:
Smell - This wine was very aromatic.The first smell I noticed was a leathery flavor. There was a hint of sweetness in the wine which I think may be vanilla. Overall the aroma was mostly dark fruits like cherries.

Taste - This wine was spicy and very bitter. I couldn't really taste anything in my mouth because the spices and bitterness cancelled the possibility of tasting any other flavor for me. The wine had a long finish where I could taste a hint of oak. I did not enjoy this wine.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment