Sunday, March 18, 2012

Simonet Blanc de Blancs


Name: Simonet Blanc de Blancs
Variety: Sparkling Blend
Region: Elabore
Country: France
Year: Not specified, probably 2010
Price: $7.95

Winery Review:

On the nose, there is some bread-yeast and some toast, same on the palate. Great for an everyday bubbly or for mimosas!!
-Vintage Celllar

My review:
Smell - I couldn't get a lot of flavor out of this wine on the nose. I got a lot of acidity and carbonation on the nose. Overall it smelled really light, but I couldn't get any of the bread-yeast smell like mentioned in the review.

Taste -I was surprised at my first impression of this wine because it was really tannic, but this is a white wine. Then I started getting an oak flavor, which explains the tannins. While it was quite tannic, it was also really acidic leaving a tart feeling in your mouth. Overall it felt really light in my mouth. There was a lot of burn on the back end of this wine.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment