Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tres Ojos Old Vines Garnacha

Name: Tres Ojos Old Vines Garnacha
Variety: Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95

Winery Review:

Bright ruby color. Primary dark berry aromas are simple but offer very good purity and focus. Juicy
blackberry and bitter cherry flavors are youthfully tangy, with good back-end acidity adding snap. The
clean, brisk finish leaves behind notes of sweet dark berry preserves and cracked pepper.
-Vintage Cellar

My review:
Smell -This wine was really big on the nose. I could smell a lot of cherry. I could also smell oak and vanilla. The aroma was almost creamy on my nose. 

Taste - With this wine, the first thing I tasted was the tannins. Then the wine transitioned to a cherry flavor. The wine finished with a little spiciness of pepper. I wasn't a huge fan of this wine, but I think I am starting to get used to the taste of red wine.

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment