Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tierra de Luna

Name: Tierra de Luna 
Variety:White blend: 20% Chardonnay 80% Torrontes
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2009
Price: $7.95

Winery Review:

Fresh and crisp, with floral aromas and flavors of quince and pear, this wine is a versatile companion to informal meals, and is excellent as an aperitif.
-Vintage Celllar


My review:
Smell - The aroma of this wine was sweet, probably a perception taken from the floral and fruit flavors in the smell. I specifically got a lot of pear in the smell. It was really light on the nose, but smelled a little acidic.

Taste - At first, this wine was really bitter in my mouth, which was really different from the smell. I couldn't really get any specific flavors from this wine. I got a hint of oak from the wine, but that might just be my perception of the Chardonnay. Overall, it was just really crisp and light. 

I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment