Sunday, March 4, 2012

Heinz Eifel Shine Riesling

Name: Heinz Eifel Shine Riesling
Variety: Riesling
Region: Rheingau
Country: Germany
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95

Winery Review:

Flint and mineral notes accent pineapple and lime aromas, while on the palate the wine shows plenty of ripe, citrusy fruit flavors. Tangy acids on the long finish provide balance.
-Vintage Cellar

My review:
Smell - There was something off about the smell of this wine. The only words I could use to describe this wine were wet dog. I'm not sure if it was the wine or if it was because I had tried 4 other wines in the glass before, but this wine just didn't smell good. Past the wet dog smell, I got a hint of underlying sweetness.

Taste - The taste of the wine was very different from the smell. It tasted sweet, but not too sweet. I also could taste the pineapple flavor with a hint of lime. The wine overall tasted rather citrusy. I really enjoyed the taste of this wine, just not the smell. I am really excited to try other sweet Rieslings that have a different smell.

I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment