Sunday, March 4, 2012

Resonata Nero D'Avola

Name: Resonata Nero D'Avola
Variety: Nero D'Avola
Region: Sicily
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95

Winery Review:

Dense ruby red with violet reflections. Lush and ripe bouquet full of mulberries, blackberries and spice. Harmonious and well balanced with good berry fruit in a spicy background.

-Vintage Cellar

My review:
Smell - The only fruit I got in the smell was blackberry. The smell, though, was very dark. It also was quite heavy on the spices.


Taste - This wine was very heavy on the spices. There was a hint of some oaky. The oak definitely did not linger like a lot of other red wines. There was also hint of leather in the taste. The tannins in this wine were well blended, though. I'm not usually a fan of red wine because of the tannic taste, but the tannins did not overpower the flavor of this wine. In my opinion, this was a better red wine, but still not my favorite.


I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment