Sunday, March 4, 2012

Protocolo Blanc

Name: Protocolo Blanc
Variety: White blend 70% Airen, 30% Macabeo
Region: Castilla-La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95

Winery Review:

Greenish gold. Subtle aromas of mint, lemon and orange, with a hint of honeysuckle. Dry, understated and focused, offering clean citrus and melon flavors and slow-building sweetness. Finishes dry and brisk, with an echo of lemon. As usual, this is an outstanding value.
-Stephan Tanzer, 87 points

My review:
Smell - This wine smelled really lemony. The wine had a sweet aroma. I could not smell any of the mint described in the description.

Taste - Even though I couldn't smell the mint in the wine, I got a hint of it on my palate on the front end. The body was really light and crisp. It was a bit acidic, but overall very clean and refreshing in my mouth. I really liked this wine.


I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment